Covid-19: 23 new cases in NZ, zero in BOP
The Ministry of Health is reporting 23 new community cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand today, none of which are in the Bay of Plenty.
According to the latest numbers, today's new cases are from Auckland, Waikato, Lakes District, Hawke's Bay and Nelson.
There are 44 new Covid cases identified at the border today.
"In Hawke’s Bay, we are officially recording two cases, however a third case was notified after the Ministry’s cut off time and will be added to tomorrow’s case numbers," says a MOH spokesperson.
"Likewise in the Nelson Tasman region, today’s official number is one new case. However, a further eight cases, all in the same household, were notified after the Ministry’s cut off and they will be officially added to tomorrow’s case numbers."
The Ministry is continuing to ask anyone in New Zealand with symptoms – no matter how mild – to get tested, even if you’re vaccinated. Please stay at home until you return a negative test result.
Testing and vaccination centre locations nationwide can be found on the Healthpoint website.
Please also continue to check for any updated Locations of Interest and appropriate health advice, updated regularly on the Ministry’s website.
There are nine new cases to report in the Nelson Tasman region. All of the cases live in the same household.
Eight of these cases were notified after the Ministry’s reporting deadline, and will be added to the official tally tomorrow.
Public health officials are investigating recent travel to Auckland as the source of their infections.
Case interviews are underway and locations of interest will be added to the Ministry’s webpage where contacts at exposure events cannot be identified.
There are 11 new cases to report in Auckland.
Health and welfare providers are now supporting 712 people in the region to isolate at home, including 147 cases.
There is one new case in Waikato to report today. The case is in Hamilton and is currently under investigation to determine any links to previous cases.
Public Health, primary care and manaaki providers in the region are supporting 15 cases to isolate at home.
Today we are reporting eight new cases in the Lakes DHB region - all are in the Rotorua area.
Seven of today’s cases are linked to previously reported cases and one case is still being investigated to determine any links.
All cases are isolating at home or in managed accommodation.
Today the Ministry is reporting three new cases in Hawke’s Bay, one of which was notified after the Ministry’s cut off and will be officially added to tomorrow’s case numbers.
As investigations continue, more locations of interest may be added to the Ministry’s website.
See below for a full breakdown of today's numbers:
COVID-19 vaccine update
• Vaccines administered to date (percentage of eligible people): 3,994,037 first doses (95%); 3,906,620 second doses (93%); 36,348 third primary doses; 903,461 booster doses
• Vaccines administered yesterday: 1,211 first doses; 2,321 second doses; 495 third primary doses and 37,967 booster doses.
• Māori (percentage of eligible people): 508,398 first doses (89%); 479,172 second doses (84%).
• Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people): 275,239 first doses (96%); 266,366 second doses (93%).
Vaccination rates by DHB with active cases (percentage of eligible people)
• Northland DHB: First doses (89%); second doses (86%)
• Auckland Metro DHBs: First doses (97%); second doses (95%)
• Waikato DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (92%)
• Bay of Plenty DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (91%)
• Lakes DHB: First doses (93%); second doses (90%)
• MidCentral DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (94%)
• Hawke’s Bay DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
• Wairarapa DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (94%)
• Capital and Coast DHB: First doses (98%); second doses (97%)
• Hutt Valley DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (94%)
• Nelson Marlborough First doses (96%); second doses (94%)·
• Canterbury DHB: First doses (99%); second doses (97%)
• Cases in hospital: 18; North Shore: 4; Auckland: 7; Middlemore: 7.
• Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (4 cases / 24%); partially immunised
• Average age of current hospitalisations: 55
• Cases in ICU or HDU: 1; Middlemore: 1.
• Seven day rolling average of community cases: 22
• Seven day rolling average of border cases: 40
• Number of new community cases: 23
• Number of new cases identified at the border: 44
• Location of new community cases: Auckland (11), Waikato (1), Lakes (8), *Hawke’s Bay (2), *Nelson Marlborough (1)
• Number of community cases (total): 11,423 (in current community outbreak)
• Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8,692
• Number of active cases (total): 488 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
• Confirmed cases (total): 15,026
• Number of active contacts being managed (total): 4,792
• Percentage who has received an outbound call from contact tracers (to confirm testing and isolation requirements): 78%
• Percentage who has returned at least one result: 78%
• Number of tests total (last 24 hours): 13,155
• Tests rolling average (last 7 days): 13,507
• Auckland tests total (last 24 hours): 6,155
No unexpected results.
NZ COVID Tracer
• Poster scans in the 24 hours to midday yesterday: 2,459,738
• Manual diary entries in the 24 hours to midday: 39,187
My Vaccine Pass
• My vaccine pass downloads total: 4,859,378
• My vaccine pass downloads (last 24 hours): 28,240