Another day of zero new Covid cases in the BOP
The Ministry of Health is again reporting there are no new cases of Covid-19 in the Bay of Plenty.
Nationally, there are 14 new community cases and 30 new cases identified at the border.
Of today's new community cases; seven are in Auckland, six are in the Lakes District and one is in Wellington.
The Ministry is reporting that there are 30 Covid-19 cases in hospital today; seven are in North Shore, 13 are in Auckland, nine are in Middlemore and one is in Tauranga.
The Ministry is continuing to ask anyone in New Zealand with symptoms – no matter how mild – to get tested, even if you’re vaccinated. Please stay at home until you return a negative test result.
Testing and vaccination centre locations nationwide can be found on the Healthpoint website.
Please also continue to check for any updated Locations of Interest and appropriate health advice, updated regularly at Contact tracing locations of interest.
There are seven cases to report in Auckland today.
Health and welfare providers are now supporting 894 people in the region to isolate at home, including 165 cases.
There are six new cases to report in the Lakes DHB region today, all in the Rotorua District.
All of today’s cases are linked to previously reported cases.
All cases are isolating at home or in managed accommodation.
There is one new case in the Wellington region.
This is a known contact of existing Wellington cases and the new case has been in isolation.
There are no locations of interest associated with this case.
See below for a full breakdown of today's numbers:
COVID-19 vaccine update
• Vaccines administered to date (percentage of eligible people): 3,990,408 first doses (95%); 3,899,343 second doses (93%); 35,805 third primary doses; 789,064 booster doses
• Vaccines administered yesterday: 1,302 first doses; 2,468 second doses; 446 third primary doses and 36,953 booster doses.
• Māori (percentage of eligible people): 508,521 first doses (89%); 476,586 second doses (83%).
• Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people): 275,408 first doses (96%); 265,413 second doses (92%).
Vaccination rates by DHB with active cases (percentage of eligible people)
• Northland DHB: First doses (89%); second doses (86%)
• Auckland Metro DHBs: First doses (97%); second doses (95%)
• Waikato DHB: First doses (95%); second doses (92%)
• Bay of Plenty DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (91%)
• Lakes DHB: First doses (93%); second doses (89%)
• Hawke’s Bay DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
• Wairarapa DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
• Capital and Coast DHB: First doses (99%); second doses (97%)
• Hutt Valley DHB: First doses (97%); second doses (94%)
• Canterbury DHB: First doses (99%); second doses (97%)
• West Coast DHB: First doses (92%); second doses (89%)
• Cases in hospital: 30; North Shore: 7; Auckland: 13; Middlemore: 9; Tauranga: 1.
• Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (11 cases / 39%); partially immunised
• Average age of current hospitalisations: 51
• Cases in ICU or HDU: 2; Middlemore: 1; Tauranga: 1
• Seven day rolling average of community cases: 21
• Seven day rolling average of border cases: 33
• Number of new community cases: 14
• Number of new cases identified at the border: 30
• Location of new community cases: Auckland (7), Lakes (6), Wellington (1)
• Number of community cases (total): 11,337 (in current community outbreak)
• Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8634
• Number of active cases (total): 529 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
• Confirmed cases (total): 14,794
• Number of active contacts being managed (total): 4,740
• Percentage who has received an outbound call from contact tracers (to confirm testing and isolation requirements): 80%
• Percentage who has returned at least one result: 78%
• Number of tests total (last 24 hours): 11,237
• Tests rolling average (last 7 days): 14,368
• Auckland tests total (last 24 hours): 4916
No unexpected results.
NZ COVID Tracer
• Poster scans in the 24 hours to midday yesterday: 2,169,530
• Manual diary entries in the 24 hours to midday: 42,589
My Vaccine Pass
• My vaccine pass downloads total: 4,817,429
• My vaccine pass downloads (last 24 hours): 13,621