No new cases of Covid in the Bay of Plenty
No new cases of Covid-19 are being reported in the Bay of Plenty today.
In today's latest numbers, the Ministry of Health is reporting 16 new community cases nationwide.
Of those, seven are in Auckland, six are in the Lakes District, one is in Hawke's Bay, one is in Wararapa and one is on the West Coast.
There are 42 new cases identified at the border.
The Ministry reports that there are currently 30 people in hospital with the virus.
Six are in North Shore, 13 in Auckland, 10 in Middlemore and one in Tauranga.
The Ministry is continuing to ask anyone in New Zealand with symptoms – no matter how mild – to get tested, even if you’re vaccinated. Please stay at home until you return a negative test result.
Testing and vaccination centre locations nationwide can be found on the Healthpoint website.
Please also continue to check for any updated Locations of Interest and appropriate health advice, updated regularly at Contact tracing locations of interest.
There are seven cases to report in Auckland today.
Health and welfare providers are now supporting 841 people in the region to isolate at home, including 190 cases.
There are six new cases to report in the Lakes DHB region today.
All of these cases are in the Rotorua District.
Three of today’s cases are linked to previously reported cases, with the remaining still being investigated for potential links.
All cases are isolating at home or in managed accommodation.
There is one case to report in South Wairarapa today.
The case is a contact of previously reported cases and was already isolating when they tested positive.
The Greater Wellington region has 13 active cases, including five in Wellington, three in the Hutt Valley and five in Wairarapa.
See below for a full breakdown of today's numbers.
COVID-19 vaccine update
• Vaccines administered to date (percentage of eligible people): 3,989,422 first doses (95%); 3,896,820 second doses (93%); 35,552 third primary doses; 751,839 booster doses
• Vaccines administered yesterday: 563 first doses; 1,088 second doses; 71 third primary doses and 9,635 booster doses.
• Māori (percentage of eligible people): 506,403 first doses (89%); 475,726 second doses (83%).
• Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people): 274,434 first doses (96%); 265,102 second doses (92%).
Vaccination rates by DHB with active cases (percentage of eligible people)
• Northland DHB: First doses (89%); second doses (86%)
• Auckland Metro DHBs: First doses (97%); second doses (95%)
• Waikato DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (92%)
• Bay of Plenty DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (91%)
• Lakes DHB: First doses (92%); second doses (89%)
• Hawke’s Bay DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (92%)
• Wairarapa DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
• Capital and Coast DHB: First doses (98%); second doses (97%)
• Hutt Valley DHB: First doses (96%); second doses (94%)
• Canterbury DHB: First doses (99%); second doses (97%)
• Cases in hospital: 30; North Shore: 6; Auckland: 13; Middlemore: 10; Tauranga: 1.
• Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (11 cases / 41%); partially immunised
• Average age of current hospitalisations: 48
• Cases in ICU or HDU: 2; Middlemore: 1; Tauranga: 1
• Seven day rolling average of community cases: 22
• Seven day rolling average of border cases: 34
• Number of new community cases: 16
• Number of new cases identified at the border: 42
• Location of new community cases: Auckland (7), Lakes (6), Hawke’s Bay (1)*, Wairarapa (1), West Coast (1)*
• Number of community cases (total): 11,322 (in current community outbreak)
• Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8,616
• Number of active cases (total): 545 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classified as recovered)
• Confirmed cases (total): 14,752
• Number of active contacts being managed (total): 4,780
• Percentage who has received an outbound call from contact tracers (to confirm testing and isolation requirements): 80%
• Percentage who has returned at least one result: 79%
• Number of tests total (last 24 hours): 8,165
• Tests rolling average (last 7 days): 14,864
• Auckland tests total (last 24 hours): 3,902
No unexpected results.
NZ COVID Tracer
• Poster scans in the 24 hours to midday yesterday: 2,090,682
• Manual diary entries in the 24 hours to midday: 32,116
My Vaccine Pass
• My vaccine pass downloads total: 4,803,808
• My vaccine pass downloads (last 24 hours): 7,175