Eight new Covid cases in the Bay of Plenty
The Ministry of Heath is reporting eight new Covid-19 cases in the community in the Bay of Plenty.
There are a total of 60 new cases being reported around the country - one in Northland, 20 in Auckland, 28 in the Waikato, eight in the BOP, one in the Lakes District, one in Tairāwhiti and one on Canterbury.
The Ministry is continuing to ask anyone in New Zealand with symptoms – no matter how mild – to get tested, even if you’re vaccinated. Please stay at home until you return a negative test result.
Testing and vaccination centre locations nationwide can be found on the Healthpoint website.
This is one case in Hokianga to report today.
The case is a household contact of previously reported cases in Northland and were already isolating at home when they tested positive.
Today, there are 20 new cases being reported in Auckland.
Health and welfare providers are now supporting 1,331 people to isolate at home, including 337 cases.
There are 28 new cases in the Waikato today with 24 in Te Kūiti, two in Te Awamutu, one in Ōtorohanga, and one pending location confirmation.
Of these cases, 27 have been linked to previous cases with one remaining under investigation. The majority of Te Kūiti cases have been linked to two exposure events with attendees identified as contacts by public health and notified prior to testing positive.
For details of dedicated testing sites operating over the holiday period, please visit the dedicated DHB page or DHB Facebook page.
There were 1029 tests processed in the Waikato yesterday and 620 vaccinations delivered.
In the Waikato, public health, primary care and manaaki providers are supporting 63 cases to isolate at home.
Bay of Plenty
There are eight new cases to report in Bay of Plenty today. All of these cases are in Tauranga.
Of today’s cases, six are linked to previously reported cases, and two are still being investigated for potential links.
All cases are isolating at home or in managed accommodation.
There is one new case to report in Rotorua today, the individual is a household contact of a previously reported case.
There is one new case to report in Gisborne, taking the total number of active cases in the Tairāwhiti DHB area to three.
The case is close contact of previously reported cases in Gisborne and was already isolated at home. They were moved into managed accommodation with public health oversight yesterday.
There is one new case to report in Canterbury today.
The case is linked to a recently reported case and is isolating in a MIQ facility.
COVID-19 vaccine update
• Vaccines administered to date (percentage of eligible people): 3,973,416 first doses (94%); 3,845,831 second doses (91%); 28,471 third primary doses; 295,666 booster doses
• Vaccines administered yesterday: 1,134 first doses; 6,627 second doses; 420 third primary doses and 15,747 booster doses.
• Māori (percentage of eligible people): 499,800 first doses (88%); 458,543 second doses (80%)
• Pacific Peoples (percentage of eligible people): 271,051 first doses (95%); 258,127 second doses (90%)
Vaccination rates by DHB with active cases (percentage of eligible people)
• Northland DHB: First doses (88%); second doses (84%)
• Auckland Metro DHBs: First doses (96%); second doses (93%)
• Waikato DHB: First doses (94%); second doses (90%)
• Bay of Plenty DHB: First doses (93%); second doses (89%)
• Lakes DHB: First doses (92%); second doses (87%)
• Taranaki DHB: First doses (93%); second doses (89%)
• Tairawhiti DHB: First doses (91%); second doses (86%)
• Canterbury DHB: First doses (98%); second doses (95%)
• Cases in hospital: 44; North Shore: 7; Auckland: 15; Middlemore: 18; Tauranga: 2; Lakes: 2
• Vaccination status of current hospitalisations (Northern Region wards only): Unvaccinated or not eligible (16 cases / 42.1%); partially immunised
• Average age of current hospitalisations: 54
• Cases in ICU or HDU: 7 (2 in Auckland; 3 in Middlemore, 2 in Tauranga)
• Seven day rolling average of community cases: 44.3
• Number of new community cases: 60
• Number of new cases identified at the border: 11
• Location of new community cases: Northland (1), Auckland (20), Waikato (28), Bay of Plenty (8), Lakes (1), Tairāwhiti (1), Canterbury (1).
• Number of community cases (total): 10,776 (in current community outbreak)
• Cases epidemiologically linked (total): 8077
• Number of active cases (total): 1,128 (cases identified in the past 21 days and not yet classed as recovered)
• Confirmed cases (total): 13687
• Number of active contacts being managed (total): 6230
• Percentage who have received an outbound call from contact tracers (to confirm testing and isolation requirements): 82%
• Percentage who have returned at least one result: 76%
• Number of tests total (last 24 hours): 13,851
• Tests rolling average (last 7 days): 11,811
• Auckland tests total (last 24 hours): 6,274
• No unexpected detections
NZ COVID Tracer
• Poster scans in 24 hours to midday yesterday: 2,490,255
• Manual diary entries in 24 hours to midday: 45,403
My Vaccine Pass
• My vaccine pass downloads total: 4,581,801
• My vaccine pass downloads (last 24 hours): 18,582