What‘s on - art, open day and Super Saturday
Good morning and welcome to Super Saturday. Ko te ra tenei i hanga e te Ariki. Ka koa tatou, ka koa hoki ki reira.
MetService are forecasting a fine day with light winds at first then northerlies developing in the early afternoon.
It’s a three-clothing-layer day with an expected high of 19 degrees, and an overnight low of 11 degrees. Low tide is at 10.08am and high tide is at 4.42pm. Sunset is at 7.34pm.
What’s on today?
Vaccinators are ready at Baypark. Photo: John Borren/SunLive.
It's Super Saturday, with a nationwide push to spur on vaccinations around New Zealand. For vaccination sites please check the end of this page below.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology. Photo: SunLive.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology are holding an open day from 10am – 1pm at the Windermere Campus.
Melanie Martin, Rowena Ashman, Lyn Watts and Marilyn Muirhead. Photo: John Borren.
The Artful Response exhibition is on at Tauranga Historic Village from 10am – 2pm. In a first for the Bay of Plenty, textile and pigment artists are combining to produce creativity in a unique way. For more information click here
Tauranga Art Gallery is open from 10am – 4pm, with the final exhibition of The Unseen, an art-sci exhibition making the unseen marine world visible. Artist and researcher Gabby O'Connor worked with communities and school children to explore the risks associated with environmental and climate change, and how this might affect the way we manage New Zealand’s marine ecosystems. The resulting collaborative artwork involved 1,600 schoolchildren, as well as their whānau and communities - and 12km of rope. Click here for more
For more events visit My Tauranga.
The Elms | Te Papa Tauranga in Mission St is open from 10am - 4pm. Come and view the Mission House and gardens. For more information click here
The Elms | Te Papa Tauranga. Photo: Rosalie Liddle Crawford.
Take a walk through Tauranga Art Gallery and view the many exhibitions on display there this week. The gallery, in Willow St, is open from 10am - 4pm.
Love public art? CITY ART WALK TAURANGA app is a free to download walking tour of 20 public artworks in Tauranga's city centre. For more information click here
Diana Bomford, Tony Fraser and Hugh Bomford at the Lion and Tusk Museum at Mount Maunganui. Photo: Daniel Hines.
Have you been to the Lion and Tusk Museum yet? It's open today from 10am - 3pm at Unit 4, 14 Portside Dr, Mount Maunganui. Come and see a massive display of Rhodesian military history records and exhibits of uniforms, medals and equipment. Opening hours are 10am – 3pm Thursday to Sunday. For more information click here
The Incubator. Photo: Supplied.
At The Incubator Creative Hub at Tauranga Historic Village, there are many exhibitions, workshops and events happening daily. For more information click here. Exhibition hours are 10am – 2.30pm.
A Revlon Girl
16th Ave Theatre - The real life story of mothers who meet every week after the Aberfan disaster in Wales in 1966. Warm, sorrowful and surprisingly funny. Bookings @ iTicket
Sat, Mon & Wed at Club Mt Maunganui, 45 Kawaka St. 9:15 for 9:30am start. New players & visitors welcome. Ph Jacqui 574 9232
Bay Singles Social Club
Join a bunch of over 50’s young singles. Weekend dinners, pot-lucks, occasional outings. Have a go! Ph Delia 027 284 8762 Andrea 021 133 0313
Bay Singles Social Group
Join a bunch of over 50’s young singles. Weekend dinners, pot-lucks, occasional outings. Have a go! Ph Delia 027 284 8762 or Andrea 021 133 0313
Community Garden Day
From 11am Rock Community Garden, 51 Hartford Avenue, Papamoa. Morning tea COVID permitting. See achievements, how to grow vegetables, plants. Ph Bill 575 0407
Greerton Hall Market
2nd and last Saturday of each month. 8am-12pm. Stalls inside/outside. Discounts for charity groups. Refreshments at kitchen. Phone/txt for site. Tricia 07 543 1487 or 0279082952, www.facebook.com/greertonhallmarket
Improv Comedy Jam
With The Honest Liars. The Arts Junction, 36 Main Rd, Katikati. 7pm. Tickets $15. www.katikatifestivalofarts.org.nz Ph 07 549 1658
Sat, Tues & Weds at Tauranga Senior Citizens Club, 14 Norris St (behind Pak N Save). 12:45pm start. $3 entry includes afternoon tea. New members welcome
Katikati Crop Swap
Every 1st Saturday of the month, 14 Jocelyn Street. Swap home garden produce, plants, flowers, seeds, herbs, eggs, preserves etc. 07 549 4522
Katikati Open Air Art
Katikati Festival of Arts-’Lighting up the Town’ - ’Shrooms’ glowing nightly -’Barry’s Park’ lit up; Fairy Wonderland; Theatrical performance -The Arts Junction. AND MORE www.KatikatiFestivalOfArts.org.nz
LOL Laughter Wellness
Laughter sessions on hold until further notice. Please check the website lollaughterwellness.weebly.com or Ph Trish 022 036 6768 or email email@example.com for info
Otumoetai Tennis Club
Adult tennis. Start 1:30pm. Bellevue Park Windsor Road (adjacent to swimming pool). New players and visitors welcome. Ph Victor 0275771818 a/hrs
BOP Petanque Club, Tawa St, Mt Maunganui. Everyone welcome. Club days Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Info Ph Bruce 022 309 9143
Tauranga Fuchsia Group
No meeting Sat 30 Oct. Usually meet last Saturday of the month at Art & Craft Centre. Ph Noeleen 578 4643
Vaccination locations on Saturday:
• Pop-up vaccination clinic and free ice cream at the beach volleyball at Mount Main Beach, 9am to 5pm
• Free coffee vouchers and vaccinations at Life Pharmacy Devonport Road, 9am to 5pm
• Grab a coffee and get your shot at The Doctors Tauranga, 8.30am to 3.30pm
• Walk-in vaccinations at Ngati Kahu Hauora, 9am to 12noon
• Walk-in vaccinations at Chadwick Healthcare in Greerton, 8.30am to 4pm
• Community BBQ and walk-in vaccinations at Welcome Bay Community Centre, 11.30am to 3pm
• Free BBQ for everyone who gets vaccinated at Omokoroa Medical Centre, Ōmokoroa, 8am to 2pm
• Walk-in vaccinations at Poutiri Wellness Centre – 10.00am – 12.30pm
• Community BBQ and walk-in vaccination clinic at Katikati RSA, 10am to 3pm
• Community BBQ pitstop and walk-in vaccinations with free burgers, ice cream and spot prizes at 11 Quay Street, 8am to 6pm
• Walk-in vaccinations and free hāngī at Te Puna Ora o Mataatua, 92 King Street, 10am to 3pm
• Coffee and café vouchers for those who get their shot at Unichem Total Health Pharmacy, 252 The Strand, 9.30am to 4pm
• Walk-in vaccinations with free coffee vouchers and Kiki Cookie pies at The Dr’s Phoenix, – 09.30am – 4.30pm
• Coffee vouchers and BBQ for those who get vaccinated at Ōhope Medical Centre, 262 Pohutukawa Avenue, 9am to 12noon
• Walk-in vaccinations with free kai and a $10 pledge towards every vaccinated person's nominated school, kura, marae or the Eastern Bay hospice at Ōpōtiki Health Centre, 32A King Street, 10am – 12.30pm and 2pm – 4.30pm
• Walk-in vaccinations with free kai and ice cream.
• Kawerau Town Hall, 9am to 3pm
• Chez Louis pizza for everyone who gets their shot! At Edgecumbe Pharmacy, Riverslea Mall, 9am to 12pm
• Free chocolate for those who get vaccinated at Riverslea Medical Centre, Riverslea Mall, 8am to 12pm
Also 5th Ave Family Doctors, Mount Medical Centre, The Doctors Bayfair, Te Puke Medical Centre, The Dr’s Papamoa, and The Dr’s Phoenix will also be open for patients with booked appointments.
Walk-in vaccination hours have been extended at the Mount Maunganui, Tauranga and Whakatāne BOPDHB vaccination clinics:
Open 8 am to 8 pm Friday – Sunday:
1. Mount Maunganui: Trustpower Baypark, Truman Lane
2. Tauranga: 87 First Avenue
3. Whakatāne: 11 Quay Street
Find out more about super Saturday at www.covid19.govt.nz/super-Saturday