Three new community cases of Covid-19
Another three cases of Covid-19 have been identified in the Auckland community this afternoon.
These are additional to the seven cases reported earlier bringing the total number of community cases to 10, says a statement from the Ministry of Health.
Nine of these cases have been linked to other community cases and the remaining case has been linked to the border.
Details of the three new cases are as follows:
- A man in his 20s. This man is the partner of a known case who was reported as a positive case this morning.
- A woman in her 60s. Interviews are underway to determine any link to existing cases. This woman has a connection to the border.
- A woman in her 20s. She has a connection with another case reported today.
In addition, two cases announced at 1pm today have now been linked to existing cases.
- A teenage woman who was a close contact of a case reported today.
- A man in his 20s who visited the household where three of the cases reported today reside.
The movements of all cases continue to be investigated, says the ministry.
Investigations also continue at Auckland City Hospital, where one of the cases worked for four shifts during their infectious period.
Additional locations of interest identified have been added to Ministry’s website. These include Sky City Casino, Avondale College, several Auckland supermarkets, bars and cafes.
This list will be updated progressively as further locations of interest are identified, says MOH.
The ministry is reminding people the key messages from the last lockdown remains relevant: ‘stay at home, save lives, be kind.
“If you have symptoms or have been at a location of interest, get a test. This will help stop any undetected spread in the community,” says the MOH.
“Only leave your home if you need to, and please wear a mask when you do.”