SunLive         

Court in lockdown after suspected COVID case

Hamilton District Court Photo: RNZ.

The Ministry of Justice says Hamilton District Court is in lockdown after a suspected Covid-related incident.

The New Zealand Herald is reporting that a person who works at a Hamilton managed isolation facility and is still awaiting a Covid-19 test result, has turned up to at the court.

In a statement, a Ministry of Justice spokesperson says the court is shut as a precuationary measure and in line with COVID-19 protocols developed to deal with these situations.

"Court participants have now left the court after supplying contact tracing information," Maeve Neilson, acting deputy secretary corporate and digital services, says.

"The court building will remain closed for the rest of the day while areas are sanitised appropriately in line with Ministry of Health guidance."

The ministry is urging people who feel unwell to not come to the courthouse, and for other attendees to use the NZ COVID Tracer app.

On Tuesday, the Ministry of Health said there were six new cases of COVID-19 in managed isolation to report in New Zealand.

These cases have been discovered since the Ministry of Health last last media statement on January 3.

There are no new cases in the community, says today's MOH statement.

Sixteen previously reported cases have now recovered, meaning there are now a total of 61 active cases in New Zealand.

"Our total number of confirmed cases is 1830," says the MOH.

-Additional reporting from RNZ.

More on SunLive...
1 Comment
You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now

Idiots

Posted on 06-01-2021 17:53 | By

There are thousands of MIQ workers going about their business. Many will have a runny nose due to allergies. Who was the knee jerker who caused this stupid event? Get a grip.