LIVE: Current alert levels to remain
UPDATE: New Zealand will remain at Alert Level 2 until Monday, September 14.
This is the latest announcement from Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern today.
She says if the level 2 restrictions do change at that time, they will be lifted at 11.59pm on September 16.
This announcement follows cabinet meeting this morning to discuss the current COVID-19 situation in New Zealand.
"The best economic response is a strong health response," says Ardern.
"Our current position remains solid and the Auckland cluster remains contained
"There is no reason to move back into Alert Level 3 in Auckland."
Ardern says caution is still very much required in the country.
She says since Auckland was placed into its current restrictions, there have been 30 more community cases reported.
"All cases stem from a single index case."
Today, Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield announced five new cases.
Three are linked to the Auckland August cluster and two were identified in managed isolation.
He says the two isolation cases are children under the age of nine.
"They are children of people who were already in isolation and travelled to New Zealand on August 23 from India."
Ashley says the cases have been transferred to the quarantine facility in Auckland.
There are currently 112 acive cases in New Zealand to date.
Ahsley says six of the cases are in hospital, with two in ICU.
"One is in Auckland City, one in Middlemore, two in North Shore and two in Waikato."
He says the Middlemore case is in ICU, along with one case in Waikato.
The total number of confirmed cases is now at 1413.
Yesterday, 9909 tests were carried out. This brings the total number of test conducted in New Zealand to 797,990.
The Prime Minister will front today's live COVID-19 update.
She will be joined by Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield at 1pm.
The country will find out today whether or not the government will ease alert level restrictions next week.
Yesterday, there were only two new cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand – one in the community and one in managed isolation.
The community case has epidemiologically linked to the Auckland cluster.
Minister of Health Chris Hipkins and Auckland Regional Public Health Service director William Rainger provided today's update on COVID-19.
The officials spoke from Middlemore Hospital.
William says the case at the border is a woman in her 30s who arrived from the Philippines via Hongkong on August 29.
She tested positive on day three, he says.
There were seven people in Hospital with COVID-19 – two of those cases are in intensive care.
William says 16 previously reported community cases have recovered.
This brings the total number of active cases to 115, including 79 people from the community and 36 people in managed isolation.
Laboratories completed 10,521 tests on Wednesday.
SunLive will br providing updates throughout the afternoon from today's livestream.