SunLive         

LIVE: 90 per cent of COVID-19 cases recovered

Director of Public Health Dr Caroline McElnay.

UPDATE: Around 90 per cent of COVID-19 cases in New Zealand are now reported as recovered.

Director of Public Health Dr Caroline McElnay says 1347 people have recovered from the virus.

She says this is an increase of 15 from yesterday.

Today, there are two new cases of COVID-19. This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 1141.

Caroline says this is the number that is reported to the WHO each day.

One of the new cases is a nurse who had been looking after patients from the St Margarets Rest Home cluster.

The other confirmed case is a probable case that has now been confirmed.

There are no additional deaths to report today.

"There are three people in hospital. One in Auckland City, one in Middlemore and one in North Shore.

"None are in ICU."

Yesterday was another record day of COVID-19 test, with 7812 carried out in the past 24 hours.

The total number of tests carried out to date is now 175,836.

Caroline says this puts New Zealand in the top 20 countries for COVID-19 testing.

EARLIER:

Minister of Finance Grant Robertson will be joined by Director of Public Health Dr Caroline McElnay for today's All of Government COVID-19 National Response.

The pair will be live from Wellington from 1pm.

As always, SunLive will continue to bring you updates throughout the afternoon.

What we know so far

There is one new confirmed case of COVID-19 today.

Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield announced one new case of COVID-19 on Thursday.

The case is a household contact of a previous confirmed case linked to the Matatmata cluster.

He says the Waikato District Health Board is urging people who have links to the Matamata cluster, whether there on St Patrick's Day or not, to get tested.

The new case brought the total number of confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand to 1489.

The total confirmed number of cases is now at 1139. This is the number reported to the WHO.

A total of 1332 people have recovered. This is 89 per cent of the cases.

Ashley says on Wednesday, the labs processed a record 7323 test.

The total number of tests to date is now at 168,023.

Two people remain in hospital. One in Auckland City and the other in Middlemore Hospital.

None of these cases are in ICU.

There still remains 16 significant clusters. Three of which have now been closed by the Ministry of Health.

More on SunLive...
0 Comments
You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now
There are no comments on this article.