Additional death related to COVID-19 today
UPDATE: Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield is reporting one additional death related to COVID-19 today.
He says the woman was linked to the Rosewood Resthome Cluster, but was not one of the residents who had been transferred to Burwood Hospital.
"She was a woman in her 60s who had underlying medical conditions and was considered a probable case.
"Our thoughts go out to her family and friends."
There are two new cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand today. One confirmed case and one probable case.
The confirmed case is a student linked to the Marist College cluster and has been in lockdown since March.
"The student has what we call a 'weak positive test' and is almost certainly late in the course of the infection."
He says this meant it's unlikely they are infectious, but the student will remain in isolation and be re-tested in a week's time.
The probable case is linked to the St Margaret's cluster.
There are two people in hospital, one in Auckland City and one in Middlemore.
"Neither of these cases are in ICU," says Ashley.
There were 4772 test carried out in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number to 160700.
The total number of confirmed cases is now 1138, and this is the number that will be reported to the WHO.
The total number of probable and confirmed cases is 1488.
Around 88 per cent of the COVID-19 cases in New Zealand are now considered as being recovered.
Ashley says the continuing low numbers are encouraging.
"But we are by no means out of the woods, we need everyone to stick to the plan and continue to follow the rules around alert level three.
"And not doing so does risk undoing all the good work we have achieved so far, we have seen how quickly this virus can spread, so do not give it an inch."
Will today be the third day in a row the Ministry of Health reports zero new cases of COVID-19?
Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield will be providing the latest numbers live from Wellington at 1pm.
He will be joined by Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern for the daily All of Government COVID-19 National Response.
SunLive will be providing updates throughout the afternoon for those who are unable to catch the livestream.
On Monday and Tuesday, Ashley reported zero new cases of COVID-19.
He says while this is encouraging, it will be more towards the end of the week that will be the telling point.
He says it is then they will see if the restrictions at Alert Level 3 are working.
As of Tuesday, the combined confirmed and probable numbers for COVID-19 sat at 1486.
The total number of confirmed cases was 1137. This is the number that is reported to the World Health Organisation each day.
Around 88 per cent of the cases are now classified as recovered. That's a total of 1302 of recovered cases.