Temps to drop over 10 degrees next week
In true Autumn style this week is settled - next week is not.
A big cold change is spreading across New Zealand next Monday and Tuesday with temperatures tumbling in both islands, says WeatherWatch.co.nz
"In the South Island some places will be over 10 degrees cooler by day once the cold change arrives.
"Generally speaking the weather warms up between Thursday and Sunday across the country with the cold change arriving in the south on Monday then peaking nationwide on Tuesday before easing mid next week."
Below are some examples of the upcoming temperature changes, note it's over 10 degrees change for some southern regions, but only 3 or 4 degrees change for the top of NZ.
Temperatures by WeatherWatch.co.nz.
DAYTIME HIGHS BEFORE AND AFTER THE COLDER CHANGE:
• Invercargill: Friday 19C, Tuesday 9C
• Queenstown: Saturday 16C, Tuesday 6C
• Dunedin: Sunday 19C, Tuesday 7C
• Christchurch: Sunday 22C, Tuesday 10C
• Greymouth: Saturday 18C, Tuesday 13C
• Nelson: Thursday 19C, Tuesday 14C
• Wellington: Sunday 18C, Tuesday 13C
• Palmerston North: Saturday 21C, Tuesday 13C
• New Plymouth: Saturday 19C, Tuesday 15C
• Taupo: Thursday 18C, Tuesday 12C
• Napier: Saturday 22C, Wednesday 16C
• Gisborne: Saturday 22C, Wednesday 16C
• Tauranga: Friday 19C, Tuesday 16C
• Auckland: Saturday 20C, Wednesday 16C
• Whangarei: Saturday 21C, Tuesday 17C