SunLive         

LIVE: Two new confirmed COVID-19 cases

Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield.

UPDATE: Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield is reporting two confirmed cases of COVID-19, and one probable case.

The total number of cases - both confirmed and probable - in the past 24 hours is three.

Ashley says the two confirmed cases are linked to known sources - one is from the Marist cluster and the other is from a resthome in the Hawke's Bay.

The probable case is in South Canterbury.

The total number of confirmed and probable cases of COVID-19 in New Zealand is now at 1472.

The total number of confirmed cases - which is reported to the WHO - is 1124.

Ashley says there are no additional deaths to report today.

"A total of 1214 cases have recovered, this is 82 per cent of our cases that have now recovered."

Recovered cases are determined as those who have been symptom free for 48 hours and it have been at least 10 days since the onset of symptoms.

"Nine people remain in hospital and one person is in critical condition.

"There are still 16 significant clusters."

Ashley is also reminding people that we have not elimated the virus from New Zealand and people need to adhere to social distances rules.

EARLIER:

With people around the country adjusting to day one of Alert Level 3, Director-General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield will deliver the latest coronavirus figures.

At 1pm, Ashley will be live from Wellington as part of the All of Government COVID-19 National Response.

Jacinda Ardern will be speaking separately and will be live from 1.30pm.

SunLive will be providing updates from both livestreams throughout the afternoon.

What we know so far

On Monday, there was one confirmed case of COVID-19 and four new probable cases.

There was also one case from Tauranga where the source of the infection remained under investigation.

Ashley also reported an additional death, bringing the total death toll of COVID-19 related deaths to 19.

A woman in her 90s died in Waitakere Hospital on Sunday.

Ashley says the woman is the third person to have die from the St Margaret's Resthome cluster.

"She had a number of underlying health issues."

To date, a total of 1180 people have recovered from COVID-19. Thirty more than yesterday.

"This is 80 per cent of our cases who have recovered."

Ashley says the total number of confirmed and probable cases of the virus in New Zealand is now at 1469.

He says of this, 1122 are confirmed cases. This is the number reported to the WBO and used to compare with other countries.

A total of seven people remain in hospital, with one person in ICU.

There are still 16 significant clusters.

More on SunLive...
0 Comments
You must be logged in to make a comment. Login Now
There are no comments on this article.