SH29A closure near Baypark this weekend
State Highway 29A, between the Baypark and Te Maunga roundabouts, will be closed this weekend to allow for stone column ground improvement work.
The closure will be followed by single lane closures on State Highway 2 to undertake night works.
SH29A between the roundabouts will be closed from 8pm Friday, March 6, until 5am Monday, March 9.
This is the last of the anticipated full closures for stone column work. Detours will be in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and the Mangatawa Interchange/Sandhurst Drive, says the NZTA.
"Please use alternative routes where possible or plan your travel for outside these hours. This work is weather dependent, and if delayed will be carried out on the next suitable weekend or night(s)."
Further works will see:
• Single lane closures on SH2 overnight only from 8pm to 5am on Monday 9 March and Tuesday 10 March (finishing Wednesday morning). Wednesday 11 March and Thursday 12 March (finishing Friday morning) are contingency dates.
"The Transport Agency thanks road users for their patience and ongoing co-operation while construction of the Baypark to Bayfair Link project continues."
• SH29A to Mount Maunganui: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, turn left at the traffic signals before crossing the bridge onto SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link (TEL) towards Mount.
• SH29A to Papamoa/Te Puke: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, cross Mangatawa Interchange, turn right onto SH2 TEL.
• Mount Maunganui to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn right at the traffic signals, cross Mangatawa Bridge and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
• Papamoa/Te Puke to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn left at the traffic signals and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
For more information about the Bay Link project, go to www.nzta.govt.nz/baylink