Road closures for today’s Mount Festival
With the Mount Festival of Multi Sport and a visit by the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship into port both happening today, some of the nearby roads have had to be closed to help manage the extra activity.
The road closures that were put in place for the festival which began on Friday, will continue until late this evening. These closures are to support a safe event operation.
Salisbury Wharf Car Park - the entire car parking area; Salisbury Ave from Victoria Rd to The Mall; and The Mall - from Salisbury Ave to Prince Ave will remain closed until 10pm tonight.
In addition, the following roads will also be closed from 4.30am – 4pm today:
• The Mall - from Prince Avenue to Adams Avenue including the Pilot Bay Boat Ramp
• Adams Avenue - from The Mall to Marine Parade
• Marine Parade - from Adams Avenue to Oceanbeach Road
• Oceanbeach Road - from Marine Parade to road end
• Yale Street - from Oceanbeach Road to Maranui Street
• Maranui Street - from Yale Street to Sandhurst Drive
• Papamoa Beach Road - from Sandhurst Drive to Grant Place
With the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship arriving in port this morning there will be additional road closures in place to assist cruise ship operations. Rata St port bound land will be closed from 6am - 7.30pm, and Nikau Cres closed will be closed from 6am - 7pm.
The Norwegian Jewel arrives at 8.45am and departs at 8.30pm.
To help manage extra activity whenever a cruise ship arrives at the port, usually a section of Salisbury Ave and The Mall is turned into a one-way traffic lane. The one-way section normally starts at Victoria Rd and ends at Prince Ave. Each closure is closely monitored and usually lasts a few hours.
Visit Tauranga City Council website for a PDF of the summer event road closures