Closures planned for SH29a this weekend
State Highway 29A between the Baypark and Te Maunga roundabouts will be closed this weekend.
The stretch of highway will be closed from 7pm tonight until 6am, to allow for stone column ground improvement work.
"The area between the roundabouts will also be closed the following weekend from 7pm Friday, December 13, to 6am Monday, December 16, as a result of last weekend’s closure that was postponed," says a NZ Transport Agency spokesperson.
"Detours will be in place along Truman Lane and Mangatawa Link Road.
"Please use alternative routes where possible or plan your travel for outside these hours. This work is weather dependent, and if delayed will be carried out on the next suitable weekend(s).
"The Transport Agency thanks road users for their patience and ongoing co-operation while construction of the Baypark to Bayfair Link project continues."
• SH29A to Mount Maunganui: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, turn left at the traffic signals before crossing the bridge onto SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link (TEL) towards Mount.
• SH29A to Papamoa/Te Puke: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, cross Mangatawa Bridge, turn right onto SH2 TEL.
• Mount Maunganui to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn right at the traffic signals, cross Mangatawa Bridge and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
• Papamoa/Te Puke to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn left at the traffic signals and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
For more information about the Bay Link project, go to www.nzta.govt.nz/baylink
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with:
- Traffic updates: nzta.govt.nz/traffic
• Facebook: facebook.com/NZTAWaikatoBoP
• Twitter: twitter.com/NZTAwaibop
• Journey planner: journeys.nzta.govt.nz
Phone: 0800 4 HIGHWAYS (0800 44 44 49)