White supremacist leaflets in Tauranga letterboxes
Police are assessing a report received this morning about a leaflet containing concerning material found in a letterbox in Otumoetai, Tauranga.
Newshub have reported today that a Tauranga resident was shocked after finding a white supremacist leaflet in his letterbox.
The one-page document was delivered to several houses on Sunday morning. It tells recipients they "have no need to say 'sorry' because you are nature's finest".
"You have no need to feel guilt for the imagined sins of your forefathers," it reads. "White people awake - save the white race!"
It linked to a site promising free ebooks by the group's founder. Newshub has chosen not to name the group behind it.
A resident who received the leaflet reported it to Police.
Police urge anyone who may have found similar material to contact them on 105, and if they see or hear anything suspicious to report it to Police immediately on 111.
Where to find help and support:
• Shine (domestic violence) - 0508 744 633
• Women's Refuge - 0800 733 843 (0800 REFUGE)
• Need to Talk? - Call or text 1737
• What's Up - 0800 WHATS UP (0800 942 8787)
• Lifeline - 0800 543 354 or (09) 5222 999 within Auckland
• Samaritans - 0800 726 666
• Depression Helpline - 0800 111 757
• Suicide Crisis Helpline - 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)