First stage of Bayfair $115m development now open
Bayfair Shopping Centre has officially opened the first stage of its $115 million development with an expanded footprint and new retail offering.
Thirty new retail stores will be joining Bayfair, representing some of the best and most exciting retail Australasia has to offer including Mecca Maxima, Platypus Shoes, Redcurrent, Collette, The Source Bulk Foods, Peter Alexander, Cotton On Mega, Dotti, Macpac, Portmans and Jacqui E.
On completion in 2019, the development, which is being managed by AMP Capital on behalf of co-owners Fisher Funds Management Limited and the AMP Capital Shopping Centre Fund, will see the centre become a fully-integrated, single-level enclosed shopping centre.
An additional 9000sqm will see the centre’s total footprint expand to 42,000 sqm including more than 50 additional speciality stores and an alfresco dining precinct to complement what will be the largest cinema complex, United Cinemas, in the Bay of Plenty.
Mecca Maxima locker giveaway.
“Today we’ve opened the doors on the first stage of the shopping centre’s redevelopment.=," says AMP Capital Shopping Centres Managing Director Mark Kirkland.
"The opening, which is the largest in terms of additional stores and an expanded area, marks a major milestone for the $115 million development and for the loyal customers and community of Bayfair, who are excited to see the vision for the centre come to life.
“The investment in Bayfair Shopping Centre represents a significant measure of confidence in the region and will support new business and employment opportunities. The development has already created more than 400 construction jobs under the project management of Fosters Construction. On completion, it is estimated the centre and its retailers will employ an additional 500 people.”
Once complete, the new-look Bayfair Shopping Centre will celebrate the Bay of Plenty and the best of its coastal and urban lifestyle and is set to be the region’s year-round retail and entertainment destination.
Bayfair is also pleased to be introducing not only some of New Zealand’s most popular clothing and lifestyle brands but also a number of brands that represent the sustainable future that Bayfair has been creating and advocating for since 2003.
Already with a presence in the Bay, Barkers will open its new Groom Room barbershop concept and Stirling Sports a brand-new store concept, a first in New Zealand. Rodd & Gunn and Max have expanded into brand-new, larger stores, and The Coffee Club and Dominos have returned to the centre.
Countdown ribbon cutting.
Opening celebrations will run over four days with retailers, customers and the community all getting in on the fun.
To follow all the news about Bayfair’s stage one opening and the ongoing development, visit https://www.bayfair.co.nz/development and www.facebook.com/bayfairshoppingcentre #bayfairmoretolove #moretolove
- On completion, Bayfair will be a fully-integrated, single-level, enclosed shopping centre.
- The development expands the centre’s footprint by 9,000m² to a total of 42,000m², and adds another 50 specialty stores, including a strong fashion mix new to the centre and the region, for a total of 150 stores.
- Fresh new Countdown supermarket.
- Approximately 1,800 car park spaces, and cycle parking.
- The Bay of Plenty’s largest cinema complex, United Cinemas, with seven screens, more than 1,300 seats and Dolby Atmos sound system.
- Integrated alfresco dining precinct to complement the nearby cinema complex, with up to eight restaurants and casual food eateries including licensed operators.
- Accessible facilities such as a quiet room and up-to-date family facilities including additional parents’ room.