SunLive         

Black smoke the result of a garage fire

Posted at 3:55pm Monday 01 Jan, 2018


Thick black smoke could be seen by many in Gate Pa on Sunday morning. Photo: Elyse Schroder.

Thick black smoke in Gate Pa yesterday was caused by a small garage fire.

A fire service spokesperson says three fire engines were initially called to the blaze on Cook Street at around 9.30am on Sunday.

However, two trucks were turned back, and the fire was extinquished by the remaining crew.

One SunLive reader who contacted the newsroom described it the scene as full of 'nasty black smoke that spread everywhere, not like a house fire'.

You may also like...


SunLive viewers skyrocket
New Zealand beat West Indies at Bay Oval
Holiday traffic building on SH1 and SH2
Rain, gale force winds & king tides
Summer search for blue green algae
Iconic multisport festival returns

COMMENTS


There are no comments on this article.


Post a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment.