Smell of gas reported in Tauranga CBD
Posted at 3:29pm Tuesday 10 Oct, 2017
Firefighters on the corner of Willow and Spring streets this afternoon. Photo: Sam Gardner
The fire service has been called to the CBD this afternoon, after a smell of gas was reported.
They arrived at the location of the suspected gas leak on the corner of Spring Street and Willow Street at around 3pm.
A fire service spokesperson says a hazmat team attended the scene, but has since left.
A SunLive reporter says staff members from House of Travel looked to have been evacuated while the fire crew responded.