SunLive         

Opotiki teenager badly burnt

Posted at 7:35am Tuesday 13 Jun, 2017


A Bay of Plenty teenager accidently set himself on fire whilst starting a fire with petrol.

The Trustpower TECT Rescue Helicopter was dispatched to Opotiki around 2.30pm after the 17-year-old suffered serious burns to his body.

Pilot Todd Dunham says the teenager was using petrol to start a fire at an Opotiki address.

“The accident resulted in very serious burns to his arms, legs and abdomen.

“St John paramedics stabilised the patient before being flown to Waikato Hospital.

“The helicopter was called due to the seriousness of the injuries and distance to the required hospital.”

You may also like...


Sporadic heavy and thundery falls
Delay expected on buses decision
Katikati’s dental company to move
Armed police in Bureta
Youth sailors with top qualifiers
Kiwi kayaker makes history

COMMENTS


There are no comments on this article.


Post a Comment

You must be logged in to make a comment.